What we love and what captures our curiosity draws us forward into some place of great destiny. 
WAYNE MULLER

Thursday, February 21, 2008

sew fun














i have discovered another creative outlet. sewing. i really don't know how to sew other than cute little scraps of fabric onto cheap white onesies. everyone has to start somewhere, right? 
for me, the most fun is going to the fabric store. it brings back so many memories of being a kid and going with my mom to look for fun fabric for some MCHammer party pants. it's a shame that wenatchee really lacks for a great fabric shop. lucky enough, i'm a fab. internet shopper. ha. stay tuned for more creations. and thanks mom for all the help (i couldn't have turned on my sewing machine without you)

6 comments:

Sara said...

I love both the fabric and the kid!! I'm so proud you are trying new things!

Anonymous said...

http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?cat=19 Im a simple sewer :) This site has some easy stuff that would be super cute with some great fabric.

~Lindsey R.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, to add. There are about 65 tutorials for stuff to sew. Easy stuff too :)
~Linds

mary said...

Thanks Lindsey! I'm gonna check that site out, I saw that you made some little shoes. I would love to do that...I think that's pushing it though ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! those shoes were very easy. I encourage you to try it.
http://www.michaelmillerfabrics.com/blog/cloth_shoe.pdf Here is the link to tutorial. Roxanne made some really neat ones too.
~Linds :)

Lisa said...

Mary, the scrubs are adorable! Maybe you should sell some to Pauline for the store- I'd buy them!!