What we love and what captures our curiosity draws us forward into some place of great destiny. 
WAYNE MULLER

Wednesday, September 10, 2008



10 REASONS WHY EVERYONE NEEDS AN ASHLEY: 
  1. good friends are hard to find, great friends are even harder. 
  2. to be inspired by in so many ways, too many to list on this silly blog
  3. to run with, after a loooong stint on bedrest Ash went on to join the Spokane Mom's In Motion group and ran a 1/2 marathon!!! She convinced me that running was fun (ha!) and has since proven to be a great running partner! 
  4. to shop with, we can do some serious damage together. I'm sure Justin loves how well Ash's and my tastes are alike and our love for high end children's clothing. Although, she is a fabulous bargain hunter and has helped me score some great deals along the way. 
  5. to talk photography with, I would not be doing what I am today with a little convincing way back in the day. Ashley is a great photographer who has a gift for capturing  emotion in kids like no other! 
  6. to blog with, it all started with Bedrest Boutique and again inspired me to start my own blog. 
  7. to dine with, the first great meal I remember having with A is when she had us over for her signature Cuban Pork Dinner with rice & beans and LOTS of lime! YUMMO! It doesn't stop there either. If you are looking for a great restaurant pretty much anywhere in the state of Washington she knows about it. 
  8. to scrapbook with, when we lived in Spokane we would frequent the classes together at Apropos where I was able to preserve a few memories on paper. Too bad I don't have an Apropos in Wenatchee, or better yet an Ashley in Wenatchee :(
  9. to be informed by, Ash is an incredible speech therapist with a special gift for working with children who have autism. When I was worried about Teag's development I shared all my frets and fears and she helped put those aside. If I ever were to have a child who needed any kind of "extra help" she would be the person I would run to. On top of that, Ash is a self proclaimed resource junkie! BOOKS galore!!!
  10. to be a mommy with, Ash is an incredible mom to Holland & Dylan who are also great buddies to Koren & Teags. Dylan & Teagan share a birthday and all I can hope is that our kids grow up knowing what special friendships can be formed even though we live 3 hours away. We can have some seriously fun playdates, trips to the park, Mobius, photo sessions, backyard pool parties and sleepovers! 
Thanks Ashley for being you! 


4 comments:

Anne said...

2:47 a.m.-You need some rest girl!!
I was checking to see if you posted any pics of the fashion show-hopefully it went really well!!
I am sure it did-Teagan is to cute for it not too-
It is always nice to have a good shopping buddy!!
Anne
P.S. Thanks to you and Justin for watching Marie--

mary said...

I had a terrible case of insomnia last night and now i'm dragging! Marie is welcome anytime, Koren would say all the time :) Teags def. stole the show last night i'm hoping that my friend was able to get some pics because I left my camera. So we need to get out for dinner or something without kids again, maybe next weekend???

Anne said...

Next weekend John is in Vegas for a CLE, isn't it funny how that worked out for him!! We could do something during the week, or the next weekend after that--I will consult his calendar-I have no plans except for Marie's many activities-- I will research--
Anne:)

Ashley said...

Thanks, Mary. I'm sure you expected and knew that I would be totally teary-eyed by the end of that!

I seriously am so blessed to have you as a friend. It's been a long time since I've connected with someone in so many ways!

When's are next getaway? I think quarterly might not be frequent enough! : )