What we love and what captures our curiosity draws us forward into some place of great destiny. 
WAYNE MULLER

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

meal planning

it's my new thing! 

well not really new, i've dabbled with it seriously a few times before but now i'm really trying to incorporate it into our lives! It is so difficult for us to all be together at home in the summer due to various sporting activities but i'm hoping that we can at least manage three meals this week. 

to include: 

Pizza! My favorite 'take and bake' has to be California Pizza Kitchen and pretty much any toppings they offer. Runner up would be Papa Murphy's Artichoke & Bacon. yummm. 

Turkey burgers with gruyere cheese and a few other sides. I'm thinking salad with pecans and cranberries or a fresh fruit bowl. 

I bought some super-rich whole grain pasta at Trader Joes awhile back and i'm hoping that when I add yummy pasta sauce and turkey meatballs Justin & Koren wont know it's good for them. For desert is a scoop (or two) of Blood Orange gelato...i've actually already had a few scoops of this and it's pretty tasty. I really just liked the packaging and I think next time i'll go for a flavor that's not quite so sweet like maybe a pistachio or mint. 

Well wish me luck with feeding this family because more often than not I put my menu aside for a chicken soft taco at Taco Time and call it good :) 

2 comments:

Sara said...

Looks good! Can I come?

Amy said...

I try to do the whole weekly menu thing. It works great for us when we do it! We can only do a few weeks in a row then we forget to plan any more meals. A weekly menu, or better, monthly is something I am definitely going to do when school starts, along with soccer.